Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lunch Breaks

Okay, it's been forever since I've actually posted on this thing. I told myself that I wouldn't start a blog unless I actually posted with regularity. So many amazing things have happened in the past month and a half that I haven't talked about: the Oak Island 10K, my birthday and starting p90x are just a few. You know, life just gets busy. The last thing I want for this blog is for it to be another thing on my to-do list that isn't happening.

Lately, I've been taking my lunch breaks as actual breaks!
It is quite the phenomenon. {Previously, I used lunch-time as a time to run as many errands as possible, balance the checkbook, or write thank you notes.} About a year ago, my mom gave me some advice that I really needed to hear. She told me I needed to take the time to actually eat my lunch instead of running around like a crazy woman. If there's anything I've learned in my 29 years, it's to listen to my mother...
Last week, I couldn't stop reading this book, American Wife. SO GOOD!! For several lunches I sat outside under a tree and read to my heart's content. Do you have any fun summer reading suggestions?

In other news, I hope to post pictures or thoughts from the first half of my summer in the coming days. We are headed to Blue Springs this weekend for the 4th! Excited for sunshine and sandbars!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found my blog and that I found yours. I recognized you right away from church. I know we have met before but it's been a while. I have the two little red headed boys.

    p.s.When I worked full time I used to drive to a near by lake and read while I ate my lunch. It was a much needed break during a stressful work day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby! Thanks for the post...I'm glad you recognized me! I felt funny commenting because we kinda knew each other. I'm glad I found your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...