Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Fun!

I had a really fun and relaxing weekend with my husband and some good friends!

At one point on Saturday, though, I got so overwhelmed by all the things I needed to work on: cleaning the house, writing thank you notes, filing taxes, organizing the office, cooking dinner, paying bills...and the list goes on. It made me totally forget that I had had such a great first part of the day. Don't you hate when that happens? Man, it irritated Mike. He reminded me of all the fun things we had done that day.

Mike's gentle reminder helped me gain correct perspective. See, I've been dealing with this "all or nothing" mentality. "It's not a good day unless I get everything on my list finished." Or, "it's not a good competition unless I win first place." See, these things will probably not happen, but it can't discount the good things that did happen. That cognitive distortion (that's the technical term) is not helpful, and it doesn't encourage a healthy attitude on life. It makes me spiral into an undisciplined life where I eat whatever I want, act like a slob, and feel blah. Today I choose to walk with a healthy attitude and outlook on life. I've got a really great life, and a husband who loves me; I've lost 15 pounds; and my parents are visiting this weekend!

So, here's part of what made last weekend so fab. I went on a walk with a friend, and we talked about some important stuff. I'm so thankful for her! On my way home from my lovely walk, I got a phone call from Shelby, the happy bride to be. She asked if I would go with her to try on bridesmaids dresses. Such fun! Then, my amazing husband took me to lunch (with a coupon, of course). On our way home, we vacuumed the cars. Hooray...because our cars were GROSS!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...