Monday, August 13, 2012

Random Ramblings 005



01::  Hubs and I have been staying up way too late every night watching the Olympics, and we're pretty sad that it's over.  I loved watching the games with him and being amazed at how fast and skilled these athletes are.  It's been inspiring to watch Mo Farah, Missy Franklin, the Fab 5 and Kirani James {first medal for Granada!} win the gold. It kills me when they show the athletes' parents cheering for their kids.  And has anyone else noticed how good the commercials are?

02:: Apparently the Olympics inspired Mike and me to start running again.  Tuesdays, Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays we run 2-3 miles after work {in the hot, hot sun}. Glad to have exercise in our lives again.  Hubs gave me a Timex sports watch for our anniversary so that I can keep track of my running times - it totally motivates me to push myself on our runs.   


03::  I am loving this new basecoat called "Sticky" from CND.  My friend Paige suggested I get some after complaining that my nails were chipping the day after I painted them.  Seriously, this stuff works.  It keeps nail polish on my nails for a week plus!

04::  I've been thinking about taking a break from facebook or completely disabling my account. What do you think? I think it's more of a time-waster for me these days than anything else.  At the same time, it would be hard since we are far away from so many friends and family, and I love being able to see their pictures and updates.

05::  We bought a new dresser {well, new to us} last Sunday night.  I was so proud of hubs.  He was spontaneous with me and jumped in the car after seeing a post on Craig's List.  Now, I'm itching to redecorate our bedroom.  I'm sure I'll post more details about it soon.  :)

What was your favorite Olympic event?  I loved watching the runners, but diving was my favorite.  Since we don't have cable, Hubs was bummed because he couldn't watch the less popular sports {table tennis, kayaking, basketball}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...