Friday, January 29, 2010

Fridays, Oh how I love Thee!

Okay, so I know it's not Friday...it's Tuesday. Here's my confession, I started this post on Friday, but didn't finish it. AND...maybe I'm just ready for Friday again...so, I didn't want to change the title.

The weekend was really wonderful. We didn't do anything! Well, we ran a couple of errands, but not too much. It was great just staying home together and resting. We both were sick, sick, sick, and it was nice to take care of ourselves; we watched a couple of movies and tried a couple new recipes. Some of which were delicious and another that we will not do again. We caught up on past episodes of Heroes. It was a lazy, lazy weekend.

On Sunday, Mike and I had a wonderful conversation about the "hard news" I posted in a previous blog. Basically, we are deciding what's next with our careers and life. Mike, because of lack of funding, had to go to very part-time ministry work, and we are left with him looking for a second job. The past two weeks have been tough. We've had fights, cried, and loved each other through it. As a result of Sunday's great talk, we feel like we finally have some semblance of direction, which is so nice and reassuring.

Today, I was reminded that
our souls are still raw from the part-time business. Even while there's this feeling of hopefulness and direction, we can still be in a hard place. It's still a tough place; there's still a lot of hard work to be done. I can't rush into this new direction and forget that my husband is still processing...that I'm still processing. Does this make sense? It's like I want to say because we feel like we have a direction, we're all better now. The truth is the Lord is healing us, but we (mostly I) have to actually walk through the process. It's not an instantaneous fix.

It's such a good reminder about life...that there can be goodness and hopefulness in the middle of a desperate and tough spot. We can keep moving forward because God is giving Mike and me the strength to take one step at a time. That's all we can do really...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...