Sunday, August 22, 2010

Beach Vacation :: Day Two

Dave and Georjeanne spend the summer at Oak Island, and each Sunday they go to a church that meets on the pier. Mike and I almost missed it, but we managed to make it just in time for the 8:30 service. It was a nice service, and we loved being able to go to an early service so that we could spend more time on the beach.

After church we cooked a big brunch together. Everyone had a part in helping get it ready{somehow, I ended up without a job}. :)

{The family finishing up a delicious brunch}

Then, we headed out to the beach and spent the rest of the day out there. {I managed to convince Mike that we needed to skip working-out so that we could get on the beach}. Mike and I played Dave and Greg in a game of Bocce ball. It was fun, but ended up being really, really hot. I got a little too much sun this day and spent the rest of the week under the tent OUT of the sun.

We also celebrated Mike’s birthday on Sunday. He got to choose his what we had for supper {Dave's ribs}.

{Such a good meal! The ribs were the best I've ever had. Thanks Dave for leaving the beach early to get everything ready!!}

Georjeanne made her famous ice-cream pie for dessert {Mike’s favorite}. Let me tell you, it was to die for!!

{Not sure if you can tell, but I am completely lobster-fied here}

{This is pretty close to heaven!}



1 comment:

  1. oh, wow! that looks yummy! i am reading you now, just so you know :) added you to the blog reader today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...