Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sick Days

Here's the thing about sick days. I dream of taking sick days as an "extra" day to finish a home project, clean the house or as a day to refresh my soul. The only problem is that when I take a sick day, I'm really sick. I had a nasty, snotty cold a couple of weeks ago that knocked me off of my feet for the whole week. It totally stunk because I was home, but I sure didn't feel like working on any of my "projects."



{image found here}

Being sick just means I got further behind on things around the house that I wanted to do -- like decorating for the Fall, balancing the checkbook, going to the grocery store, blogging. You know, though, that's life. I am learning that I have to rest and allow myself to get better instead of pushing through to finish the things off of my to-do list. And...FINALLY...after two weeks I have caught up on my stuff. Feels good. I'm glad to be feeling better!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...