Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jesus, Be in My Christmas

Before Thanksgiving, I told my friend at work that it was just going to be a really full season for Mike and me. I figured out that we didn't have a free Saturday until the New Year. Admittedly, I was a little overwhelmed by this thought. I had to remind myself that all the things on our plate were things I wanted to do and that most of them would be a lot of fun.

Knowing that it was going to be a busy couple of months, I
didn't want to loose sight of preparing my heart for Jesus during this Christmas season. My colleague sent me this book. It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift! Each day there is a morning and evening reading. They each begin "Jesus, be in my ________." I love getting the moment to reflect and reposition my heart towards Jesus each day.

What an incredible blessing this book has been to me, especially because my friend gave it to me as a response of my sharing with her how busy I've been. Thank you, Jesus, for moments of quiet rest in the midst of crazy living. Come, Immanuel, Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...