Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Recent Reads


I am a reader. I've always been a reader {which is probably why I majored in English Education in college}. I get it from my dad. He is the most voracious reader I know...and could open his own used book store, seriously. When my sister and I were little, he would take us to the library and let us pick out as many books as we wanted. Thanks, dad, for giving us a love of reading and books.

Lately, I've been re-discovering how much I LOVE the library. All of the books I've read in the last six months have come from our local library. Here are some my recent reads...maybe it should be a goal of mine to read a book a month {since that seems to be where I'm headed anyway}.

1. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd.

Perfect beach read {which is where I read it}. I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as Secret Life of Bees.

2. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

Loosely based on the life of Laura Bush. I had to remind myself that it was fiction.

3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

This book was so good and a fun read. I'm a big fan of Southern lit. Set in the 1960s, this book portrays the life of several house keepers in the Deep South. I highly recommend this book.

4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

After hearing a lot of buzz about these books, I finally decided to pick one up. And...I couldn't put it down. A well-written mystery novel for anyone who likes that genre. {Disclaimer: this book has some graphic and disturbing details about serial killings}.

5. The Girl who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson

The second book of the trilogy. We learn more about Lisbeth Salander and her past. Another great page-turner. {Not nearly as graphic as the first novel}.

What have you been reading lately?

P.S. Mike, I promise that our bookshelves won't look like the ones in this picture...at least not until we have a bigger house.


1 comment:

  1. Yay... I love reading as well LeAnne! I have been reading "A Truck goes Vroom," "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas," "Arthur's bad day,"..... HA That will be your list as well someday! wink Seriously though, I just read "Choosing to see" by MaryBeth Chapman. It is a super easy and quick read, and well worth it! It basically chronicles their married life, discusses grief, and adoption. If you pick it up, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...