Thursday, September 27, 2012

Guest Post: Laura Sue & MK


Hi Friends!  I have some exciting news!  My long-time, very sweet friend Laura Sue is guest posting today on my blog.  She is a Mary Kay consultant and offering all of you lovely readers a 25% discount from her shop!  Whoo-hoo!!  I love, love, love their lip-glosses!!!  Earlier this year I went super-bold and picked up a tube of the Rock 'n' Red lip gloss, but I can't wait to get my hands on the Cafe Au Lait color.  They are not sticky or tacky, but light and make your lips feel so fresh!   My mom always says you look better with a little color on your lips.  :)  Take a look around her shop {the link is below} and think about taking advantage of the 25% discount.

Let me tell you, I've got my wishlist - face wash, moisturizer {well, the whole Miracle Set}, the microdermabrasion set.  I really love MK's skin care.

I'll let Laura Sue tell you more of her story.



Hello, lovelies!  This is so fun. I’ve never done a guest post on a blog, so this is exciting!

A little history - LeAnne and I have been friends for-ev-er.  There’s something so special about growing up with someone.  You know her in such a different way, you know?  You can’t lie to someone who loved you through your NKOTB phase.  And when you’ve shared as many coffee dates and chick flick dates as we have through the years, there’s no denying that we’re kindred spirits!

Well, LeAnne asked me to drop by and share a little about what I do.  I have one of the coolest jobs on the planet - seriously!  I spend time with women of all ages, and my number one goal every time I sit down with someone is to help her feel a little bit better than she did before we met.  Sound weird?  Maybe.  You see, I teach skincare and color cosmetics with Mary Kay.  I know what you’re probably thinking two things:  
  1. How on earth does someone make a living out of selling lipstick?
  2.   Do you have your pink Cadillac?
Ha!  Well, first of all, I don't sell that much lipstick compared to our other products (although Midnight Red is my favorite shade of all time!).  I joke with my customers that this isn't your grandma's Mary Kay!  You see, even though I’m technically in sales I don’t think of myself as a sales person.  In fact, I don’t really care for sales people.  Shocking, I know.  My focus is always on serving.  You never know when someone’s having a rough day and just needs to feel a little better about herself.  If you’re anything like me, I sit a little taller, smile a little wider, and laugh a little louder when I feel good about how I look.  When we, as women, feel good about ourselves it makes us better wives, mothers, friends, etc.  For my customers - whether  they just want clear skin or a fun, new eye shadow - my goal is always to help them find what they need.  The majority of my services are actually free, so it’s fun to sit down with someone, pressure-free, and just play with products!

One of my favorite things about Mary Kay as a company is that it has a deep heart.  The Mary Kay Foundation is dedicated to donating money to women’s shelters as well as research for cancers directly affecting women.  Click here to read about their most recent donations.

As a former high school teacher, I’ve seen a lot of kids who come from homes that are clearly unsafe.  I love knowing that in sharing Mary Kay products with others, I’m also helping families find a safe place of refuge when things get rough.  

Right now, $1 will be donated to The Mary Kay FoundationSM from each sale of limited-edition Beauty That Counts® Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss in “Inspiring” and “Possibilities.  As a thank you for ordering one or both of these shades, I’m offering all readers of LeAnne’s blog 25% off your ENTIRE order through Sunday, September 30th.  Just enter the code RAMBLING along with your payment info when you order, and I’ll add your discount when I process.  Oh, and shipping is always free :)

Thanks for letting me share with you today.  If you don’t currently have a Mary Kay Consultant, I would love to take care of you.  Also, feel free to visit my blog over at Love, Laura Sue!  Have a beautiful day!

P.S.  I’m working on that Cadillac! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...