Friday, January 28, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday



1. If my house was on fire and I could only grab 3 things I would grab my phone, computer and ummm {insert something sentimental here} probably some of my fav books. Honestly, if this really happened, I would be so focused on getting out of the house with the hubster I would forget to take anything!
2. A smell I really like is the beach, baking bread, Pumpkin Spice candles {but only in the fall} and coffee brewing. I also love the smell of the marsh – it feels like home .

3. Something you might not know about me is I chose my own middle name when I was thirteen. Like, my parents gave me legal name change for my birthday. Being from the South, I love monograms and I didn’t like that I couldn’t have the “normal” monogram on my book bag. Yes, I know...it sounds a bit ridiculous now. Thanks, Mom and Dad, to giving in to the whims of a 13 year old! .

4. Some of my favorite websites to putter about on are Amazon.com: I’m totally obsessed with adding things to my wishlist. I have WAY too many blogs in my Google reader and that’s where I do most of my puttering. My favs are Tales and Trials, Marta Writes, Fly through our Window, YHL {I have quite a few house-y blogs I love} and my newest addition lifeingrace .

5. This weekend I will drive to Savannah to celebrate my dad’s birthday. One of these days, I plan to visit and act like a tourist like my friend Laura Sue did for her honeymoon. I’d choose the best restaurants and shops to visit {Yes, I have a list of places I want to go}. Here’s what we’ll really do: We will probably go garage-selling tomorrow morning, and my mom plans to cook my dad one of his favorite meals for dinner: beans & weanies. {Yes, folks, I said beans & weanies.} We got him a super-special gift, but we are all a little worried he won’t like it. Seriously, he is the hardest person to find presents for. On Sunday we’ll head to church with the fam and then go to one of my fav restaurants, Carey Hilliards {YUM!!!} .

6. Nothing makes me happier than
whew, so many things make me happy. {Can I just confess I’m not good with superlatives?} I am happiest when I’m hanging out with those I love {I’m totally a quality time girl}, whether it’s with my hubs at the beach, with my family at the Springs, or with some BFFs getting pedicures .
7. A bad habit I have is not getting up on time every morning. My goal {and New Year’s resolution} is to wake up at 6 a.m. consistently. It’s just SOOOOOO hard, especially now that we have an electric blanket .

{P.S. I'm linking up to The Little Things We Do}

2 comments:

  1. OH I LOVE Savannah! So fun. Lots of yummy food.

    You are too sweet to mention my blog as one of your favs to visit. You just made my afternoon a little brighter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO jealous that you're going to Carey H. Adam won't eat there (it's related to his earlier career as a waiter at CH) so I never find myself going. Enjoy the weekend!!! PS - Do you miss your monogram being LEG?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...